Tuesday, June 17, 2014

November = Sleep

November is a bit foggy for me.  I slept.  A LOT!  Being pregnant really wears me out apparently!  But, here's what I remember of November.....


Saturday November 2

Some dear friends that I worked with at the construction company came in to see me.  I love these gals!  And we've all kept in touch over the last 10 years, even after most of us have left the company.

Back: Laura & Christy
Front: Me, Leigh Ann & Connie
Three of the other girls couldn't make it, but it was so fun to have them in town!


Friday November 8

I went to Dville to attend an Art Hop with my Granny.  She has typically participated in the hops, but sat this one out.  We had a lot of fun visiting all the stops and seeing all the art.

One of her paintings was being displayed at the Library. 


Saturday November 9

Brandon and I went to a UK football game

The band marching to the field



The band in the shape of Kentucky




Friday November 15

IKEA run!  We headed up to Cincinnati to pick up a new couch bed for our upstairs living room.  It rained on the way home, but thankfully the couch was completely protected in plastic!

The couch is white, but we bought a slip cover (IKEA has many cover options).

Ta-da!  Looking forward to getting the rest of the living room decorated one day.  But at least the couch is a good start and we can sleep two more people in our house now (which is great when both sets of our parents come to stay!).



November 20

Our first OB visit!  We got to see our little peanut on ultrasound.  How tiny!!  Pregnancy has been such a surreal thing.....I'm continually amazed by it.



Movember

Brandon participated in "Movember" again - the art of growing a mustache for men's health awareness.

Brandon said he was growing a "Tom Selleck Mustache", although my cousin Katie said it looked more like the "Uncle Robert" (my Dad).  I'll let you decide.


Thanksgiving

It was our year to be in Cville for Thanksgiving.

L-R: Justin (B's nephew), his girlfriend Mary Ann, Kim (B's sis), Jimmy & Bev (B's parents)

Brandon and I joked that we were at the kids table.  We pushed two TV trays together and sat at the end of the big table.


My father-in-law (with Brandon's help) rocked it out and made a table (or what he has dubbed my "work bench") for our office.  It's to house all my scrapbook and quilting tools and also be a large lay-space for continuing projects.



It turned out awesome!!  I'm so thankful he's such a handy guy.  I was able to get this custom table to fit exactly what I needed when otherwise I wouldn't have.

No comments: