Saturday, June 21, 2014

February 2014 = Boy Oh Boy!!!

What do you know, more snow!!






February 12:  Gender Reveal!


We had our parents in town the night we found out the gender of our little baking bun.  It wasn't elaborate, just a cake that had what it was written on it.  We dressed in blue and pink, just for fun.

Brandon's parents also dressed in blue & pink!

We set up the camera on a shelf so we could capture the reveal (although it's not nearly as entertaining as the video when we revealed we were expecting!).

 

It's a BOY!!

After telling our parents, we face-timed with our siblings.  My brother's kids were so excited to find out what their new cousin would be!  And they had some pretty funny ideas for what to name the little guy.


Valentine's Day:

We continued our tradition of going to Qdoba to kiss at the register for a free burrito deal! 


Later, we gave presents to each other.  Mine to Brandon was a years worth of pre-planned date nights.

He gave me a kit-kat (of course)....



.....and surprised me with a night out to eat!


I didn't know where we were going until we pulled up to the restaurant - it was the Melting Pot!  There were even roses waiting for me a the table!!!



I LOVE the Melting Pot!!!  (and I freely admit, mostly because I love the chocolate fondue).

The staff at the restaurant went above & beyond.  When they realized I couldn't get a good picture of Brandon and myself because the lighting was so dark, they went and got their own camera, took a picture, printed it and framed it for me!! 



February 18 - Brandon installed ceiling fans in all the upstairs bedrooms (none of which had overhead lighting when we moved in).




February 19:  Dinner with Shannon

And another baby bump picture!


February 20:

This sums up my pregnancy to this point!


Weekend of February 21-23:  Visiting Lville

We spent the weekend in Lville, mainly to participate in the Anthem 5K
L-R:  Brandon's Mom, Me, My Dad, Brandon and My Mom


 Dad and Brandon ran together.

The moms and I had planned to walk it.  However, I was unable to keep my heart rate from getting too high without walking really slow (doc didn't want my heart rate above a certain point for an extended period of time) and since this was over 3 miles, it would have taken forever to walk it as slow as I needed to.  So, about a quarter mile in, I told the moms to go on and I turned around to head back to the start/finish line.

By the time I got back there, the guys were already finished running!!


That night, we had Game Night at my Mamaw's with my crazy family

Mamaw made her famous No-Bake Cookies

The guys played "Stock Market"

The girls played various games....

.....like this one where you have to try not to pop the balloon!

No comments: