Friday, June 20, 2014

January 2014 = Snowy Hibernation

Winter 2014 was one of the coldest we'd seen in KY in a while.  It seems like there was continuous snow and/or ice on the ground and roads for weeks.  I hibernated as much as I could during that time.  I was pretty tired anyway from pregnancy, so for the most part it worked for me to stay home and snuggled up under a blanket.





Brandon faithfully shoveled our driveway each time it snowed (and part of the street since our truck got stuck there once) and our elderly neighbors' driveway one time too.


January 3 - I let my bosses and coworkers in on the baby news by asking for baby name suggestions.

January 7 - Made the news "Facebook Official" by sharing the Bun in the Oven photo.


January 16 - 16 week baby bump


January 16 - Shannon and I met halfway between Lex and Lville for a girls night.  We made sure to get a belly pic together!


January 18 - Brandon's major house project this month was to add attic stairs.  This was the current way to access the attic - through Brandon's closet, which meant taking everything out of it to shimmy through the small hole in the ceiling. 

We don't have any real storage area, aside from the garage, so adding attic stairs would make the attic extremely accessible and open up a ton of storage space.

Brandon had a couple friends come over and help him out.  The hole was cut in the hallway to begin the project.



Supports and the stairs were added and voila - access to our attic!  (Okay maybe it wasn't quite that simple, but that's the magic of blog pictures.)  :)

Thanks Chris and Brian!!

Around this time is when I started to get my nesting instincts.  But this was in conjunction with extreme fatigue.  I'm talking all day naps, only waking to eat and use the restroom.  It was crazy!  So, the nesting happened in spurts when I got a boost of energy.

January 29 - We met my parents for dinner one night in Frankfort, a semi-halfway point.  It's always nice to get a visit in with them.  I miss them tons.

January 30 - I started attending a 16 week Kay Arthur Bible study on Philippians at a church that I found in town.  Our church didn't offer really in-depth studies like this, so I was excited to dig in.....even though I didn't know a single person at the church, much less the study.  But I was welcomed with love by a wonderful group of ladies there.

No comments: