Thursday, June 26, 2014

April 2014 = Blossoming

April 6, 2014:
Surprise Party for Mamaw's 80th Birthday


Isn't she too cute?

Our family with Mamaw.  Brandon wasn't able to make it due to work.



April 8, 2014:
UK Baseball Game!


Halfway through the game, the skies opened and it poured.....so we left.


April 11-13, 2014:
Visit to Columbus

Each year we try to visit our friends, Brian and Emily, and their kiddos.  Here we are eating Frozen Yogurt with the oldest two of their four kids (and confession, I stole this pic from Emily's blog because I failed to take a single picture while we were there!).


 April 15, 2014:
Dinner with Shannon

We met up halfway for a girl's night and baby bump picture.


April 18, 2014:
My last day of work!  Thankfully, I'd have about two months off work before Baby Boy would arrive and then I'd get to start the greatest job in the world (in my opinion) -- Stay at Home Momma!

Goodbye desk!  Goodbye AutoCAD!

My co-workers gave me a sweet card and gift card to Target for Baby.



  April 19-25, 2014:
The day after my last day of work, we headed out for our Babymoon.  We drove to Tybee Island, GA for a beach vacation.

Our beach house:


Tybee Island is about 30 minutes from scenic Savannah.  It was absolutely gorgeous there!

We spent at least one full day on the beach and also a couple evenings walking along the ocean.We mostly relaxed, slept in, and enjoyed the calm.

April is when my belly really started to blossom into a full-on pregnant belly.  I so loved being pregnant!!

Brandon's friend, Deepti, lives in Savannah and we got to have dinner and ice cream with her while we were there.



April 26-27, 2014:
We finally started the process of cleaning out the room that would become the nursery.  Here's what it looked like (a bit of a junk storage room).  At this point we had lived in the house about a year and were still settling in.  I also spent this weekend scanning a couple boxes of pictures that had been laying around for far too long.  It felt great to get some things sorted and cleaned up!  (More pics of Baby's room to come).


April 27, 2014:
Our Lex Baby Shower!

 My sweet friend, Anne, threw a great Baby Shower, themed to match Baby Boy's future nursery decor!  It was so cute!!  This would be the first of many showers -- we are so blessed!  This one would include our Lex friends as well as my mom's side of the family who live in Lex and Dville.

We got lots of great stuff!!

My mother-in-law, Bev, and my mom, Cindy

My mom's side of the family:  Aunts Nancy and Sue, cousin Katie, Me, my mom, Granny and cousin Olivia


April 30, 2014:
31 Week Ultrasound!

Baby Boy was measuring a tad big, so they did an ultrasound to get a closer look.  Everything was A-Okay and we enjoyed getting to see him again.  We also got a great profile shot this time!  At the 20 week U/S he wouldn't sit still long enough to get a profile shot.  This is the same U/S that they told us they could see that he had a lot of hair and big cheeks.

No comments: