Thursday, January 24, 2013

Looking Back on 2012

 I can't believe we're almost an entire month into 2013!!!  I look forward to what this year will bring with excited anticipation!  But, I thought a look back on 2012 would be nice.


For 2012, what I called "The YoFS" (The Year of Finishing Stuff), I made a list of all the tasks and projects I had started in previous years and wanted to finish.  I'd say given that I made the ambitious list when I was unemployed and then found a full time job almost exactly a month later, that I did pretty well at accomplishing several things.

Also, considering that we traveled 30 out of 52 (!) weekends in 2012 (meaning less time at home to tackle said list of projects), I'm gonna call "The YoFS" a success.  No, I didn't finish everything on the list, but I'm patting myself on the back for the things that I did finish.  It's not about perfection, it's about progress.

Speaking of those 30 travel weekends, most were to nearby places to visit friends and family in C-ville, L-ville, MKy & O-boro.  Here were our other more "major" trips last year:

New Years Eve - Cincinnati with Mike & Shannon
April 12 - "Blue Like Jazz" Red Carpet Premiere
April 27-29 - Brandon's Illinois Marathon
May 26-June 1 - 1st Anniversary Trip to San Francisco
4th of July - Annual "4th" Trip to see Scott & Lish (with a trip to C-ville first)
August 18-19 - Cincinnati with Kim & Billy
October 5-20 - Europe Trip

What a great year 2012 was - we got to go so many places, see so many neat things, spend time with so many wonderful friends and family, and make so many awesome memories. 

2012 was a year to remember! 

No comments: