Friday, February 3, 2012

2012 - The YoFS

2012 is going to be the YoFS!  (The Year of Finishing Stuff!)

Each New Year, instead of making resolutions, I like to come up with a theme for the year....seems that having a theme to live by is more encouraging than a list of things not to do.  So, this year is the YoFS.
I have waaay too many projects that are mid-way done.  Below is a list of things I've started (some I even started years ago!) but never finished for one reason or another (can you say A.D.D. and/or Procrastination? - I even procrastinated on writing this post!!).  Not to mention that I like to help other people get things done too, so there's a list projects I've started and a list of projects I've helped other people start.

So, here's my goals for 2012  - The YoFS!  (the ones that are marked out are done - yes, I've already accomplished some things this year!):

(the stuff in red that is crossed out is what I've accomplished since I wrote this post)

My Projects:
-Put pictures in frames around house (Hallway, Office, Living Room, Bedroom).  We currently have frames hanging on the walls, but most either don't have pictures in them or the picture inside is landscape while the frame is portrait, etc...
-Organize the book shelves in our Living Room
-Sort through Facebook Friends and put folks into "Groups" (and maybe purge my friend list?)
-Complete unfinished quilting project (name of project withheld because it's a present!)
-Break out my Cricut & "Sure Cuts A Lot" program and make cards with all the paper/card stock I've accumulated over the years
-Scrapbook the rest of my college years (mostly from Graduate year: 2003-2004)
-Make 3-4 photo books and thereby use the Groupons I purchased that expire in February 2012
-Make stuff from all the felt/fabric/yarn stock I have
-Scan all photos, negatives & memorabilia from the years 2004-2011  I'm almost done with 2005!
-Blog the rest of our Wedding, Honeymoon & post wedding stuff
-Blog the rest of mine & Shannon's European Adventure 2009 (preferably before we hit the 3 year anniversary of that trip in October)
-Cover couch throw pillows with new fabric that I've already purchased
-Recipe Cards - transfer recipes from magazine clippings to actual cards that fit into my recipe box
-Update Google contacts with addresses, email addresses, birthdays, anniversaries, pictures, etc...of everyone in my phone/contact list.
-Read the 4 books I've started (I'm such a *slow* reader!!)  I've read two of them!!
-Edit DVD's that Brandon is making from my VHS tapes from High School Band, etc...
-Make shortcuts within my computer folder system for pictures (this probably make no sense to anyone but me and my organized chaos and I don't feel like providing a lengthy explanation, but I wanted to add it to the list in hopes that I can later cross it off, sorry for my vague-ness)
-Consistently do my Throwback Thursday posts
-Keep my blog more current, instead of posting something months after the fact
-Catch up on blogs in my blog reader.  Between my computer crashing, our Month o' Travel and then the Holidays, I haven't read many of the blogs I usually keep up with, including friends' blogs.

Helping with Other People's Projects:
-Sand re-patched walls/ceiling in play room at my parents house, trace all the existing "Peanuts" characters and repaint the entire room, then add the Peanuts characters (and some other murals?) back on the re-painted walls
-Scan pictures from the Baby Shower for my first niece (born in 2003, yikes!) to give to my sister-in-law
-Hang the hammock I bought for my Dad almost 3 years ago in Honduras
-Help my Mamaw put some pictures back on her walls since repainting her bedroom (in October of 2010!)
-Help my mom organize all her pictures into boxes/albums
-Complete cleaning out process of my parents basement.  We finished phase 1, now on to phase 2.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Mel! You are blogging so much that I somehow missed this one until I suffered boredom at work and looked back at the past few and saw it! :) I love keeping up by phone and email and by reading your blog too. Plus, if I leave you a comment, then it adds to the communication. :)

I love your theme for the year and I actually even love the idea of having a theme, rather than resolutions. You're so creative!

Happy Year of Finishing Stuff!! Looks like you are already off to a great start. Can't wait to see your projects...especially the Europe blogs and your photobooks.

Love,
Shannon

Mel said...

I had actually scheduled this one to post, but I had selected the wrong date.....so it should up months ago instead. Once I figured out that I had done that, I changed the date to be what I had wanted in the first place....so that's probably how you missed it - it got squeezed back in after others had been posted after it! :)

I'm excited to show you what all I've done too! Once I order everything and get them in the mail that is. :)