Sunday, February 19, 2012

Fun Weekend

Last weekend, we headed to my old college stomping grounds to visit with my brother's family & to also visit with some friends from the Ville who we were sharing hotel rooms with since they were going to MSU that weekend as well.

Brandon and I got in late Friday night, checked into our hotel and headed to sleep.  The next morning, he and I headed over to my brother, Brad's, house to see him, my sister-in-law, Nancy, and their 4 kiddos.

Brandon and The Tank played several Wii games, while The Chief looked on from his mini-couch.  Goose played games on the computer....

....and little miss Boo occupied her time by taking tons of pictures on my phone.....she seriously took like 120!....she had fun though and I didn't mind.

The Chief, who is almost 15 months old, is walking around like crazy, pointing at things and saying 'dah' as he points.  I thought this was cute - how Brad would swing him up & down on his legs.....The Chief came over and sat down several times on my legs as well (especially when I wasn't expecting it or already had another kid in my lap) and wanted me to do the same.

More pictures courtesy of Boo....

Left: Boo & The Chief
Right: Me & Goose

While we were there, The Tank lost one of his front teeth!!  He was excited!

We headed back towards our hotel around dinnertime to meet up with our friends, Ben & Jenn, who were in town as well (Jenn went there for college too).  Brandon and I decided that trying to get tickets to the already-sold-out MSU game would probably mean we'd stand out in the cold forever and end up empty-handed anyway, so we gave up on the idea before even trying.  So, we set up my laptop at the hotel to stream the MSU game online, while we had the UK game on the TV.  Ben & Jenn (aka, Bennifer) braved the cold and scored tickets for the game, so they got to see it in person.  We met up with them at the hotel after the game and hung out and talked for a while before going to bed.

The next morning, we all met in the breakfast room at the hotel, ate, and then headed over to my brother's church for worship that morning (my brother is a Pastor).

After church, Us, Bennifer and all of Brad's family went to Los Portales, my favorite Mexican restaurant ever!  It was soooo yummy!  Then it was time to head home - great trip and fun times!! 

No comments: