Thursday, February 9, 2012

Throwback Thursday

 My favorite place to eat in college was a Mexican restaurant called Los Portales.  I ate there about 2-3 times a week, at least, I'd say.  It was yummy, not to mention cheap & quick - everything a college student needs.

Not only did I eat there A LOT, I celebrated 5 out of the 6 birthdays I had in college there (yes, I was in college for 6 years, but I got two degrees, so get off my back!).

At "Los" (that's what we called it, which I realize really just means "the") when it's your birthday, they bring out a sombrero and a sopapilla with ice cream and sing a very slow, Spanish version of a birthday song...then they thump you on the top of the hat at the end of the song.
 I'm very excited to say that I'll get to taste Los again this weekend....maybe, I'll tell them it's my birthday!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Yum...wish I could go with you this weekend just so that I could get some Los too. :) I think I've only eaten there twice, but it was yummy!! Have fun in Murray!!

Better yet, tell them it's Brandon's birthday...he needs to experience the sombrero!! :)