Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's lasted almost a whole week around these parts...

....it all started on February 13, when my Sweetie brought home a dozen red roses...he decided to give them to me early so I could enjoy them longer (since I'd be gone one whole day that week from home).

On the morning of February 14, I found a sweet card (Brandon says he loves getting to buy cards that say "wife" on them and I love getting them!) and a Kit-Kat on our kitchen table (him giving me Kit-Kats is becoming quite a yummy tradition!).  I got him a card that said "husband" and a Reese Cup Heart. 


The evening of Valentine's, we continued a tradition we had started the year before.....

.....going to Qdoba for their "Buy One Get One" deal if you kiss at the register.  Qdoba holds a special place in our hearts because it was at a Qdoba in the Ville that I first confessed to Brandon that I liked him.....and he likewise. So, even though we waited in line for about 45 minutes.....we kissed at the register and were reminiscent of how our love story began.

But the celebration didn't stop there, The Hubs had wanted to take me out some place fancy for Valentine's, but wanting to avoid the day-of rush and not wanting to break the tradition mentioned above, we opted for going out the Friday after Valentine's for a fancy dinner.

On the way to downtown Lex on Friday February 17.....

We dined at a lovely Italian restaurant called Portofino.  Every bit of it was scrum-didly-umpcious!

We started with a melt-in-your-mouth Bruschetta.....and I mean melt-in-your-mouth....you don't know how close I was to licking the plate!!

Followed by our entrees....Brandon got Linguini Bolognese and I got Ravioli di Casa with a Garlic Sage Butter Sauce....plus we both had side salads....and all you can eat bread.

And lastly, we topped all that off with a just-right-rich Chocolate Torte with chocolate sauce and fresh fruit.

Sigh....my mouth is watering.....Hey, Sweetie - can we go back this weekend???

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Awwww, ya'll are so sweet and cute together. That dessert looks delish! I think it's awesome that ya'll celebrated for a week! :)

P.S. I recognize that scarf in the pic with the roses...from our whirlwhind three-hour trip to the leaning tower of Pisa!!! :)

Mel said...

Aww, thanks! :) That dessert was definitely DELISH!

Good eye! That's totally the scarf from Pisa - of course, it helps that you have it in purple! ;)