Thursday, January 12, 2012

Throwback Thursday

Today's Throwback is from June 28, 2011.  Our One Month Anniversary.

I woke to find a sweet card and a sweet Kit-Kat from my sweet husband (I *love* that he gives me candy bars as presents!)



We decided to eat the cake topper from our wedding on our one month instead of one year for a couple reasons....1.) We wanted to enjoy it - it might not taste great by the time a year had rolled around.....and 2.) We really needed the freezer room.  Cooking for 2 means there lots of left-overs and we needed a place to keep those, so eating the cake seemed like a great way to free up some space in there.

It froze very well for that month and was still in pretty great condition when we unwrapped it.

Cutting it....


YUM.  Strawberry!  We honestly weren't sure which flavor we ended up with since this wasn't the topper from our "main cake."  And let me tell you, it was dee-lish!

My husband tells me almost weekly, that I'm crazy....not sure where he gets that from...?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

LOVE all this blogging!! :)

Maybe you are a little crazy...or maybe you're a nut...but that's what makes you SO MUCH FUN to be around!!! ;)

Glad you were able to enjoy your wedding cake. Can you have another wedding just so I get some more of Alisha's "dalisha's-ness"? :) Seriously, YUM!