Thursday, January 19, 2012

Catching Up - July, August, September

In an effort to catch up on months worth of blogging.....I'm doing three "Catching Up" posts.

If you missed the first one, click here.

July 4, 2011 - Brandon and I went to visit my best friend and college roomie, Alisha, her husband, Scott, and their son The Beave.  I've visited them every 4th of July for about 6 years or so now.  This was the first one Brandon got to attend.





July 9, 2011 - My friend in the Ville, Lindsey was getting married, so Brandon and I made a trip back to my hometown for the big event.

Wish this picture hadn't been blurry....






July 14, 2011 - Thursday Night Live Downtown Lex.  We enjoyed live bands, pizza and I even had a crepe with Nutella.....Mmmm.




July 16. 2011 - Brandon and I met my parents for a Reds Game



We again had fun with the panoramic setting on our new camera.....


*Love* this one!



July 19, 2011 - My friend from the Ville (who used to live in Colorado), Suzanne and her daughter, Little H came in for a visit.  We hung out, went to eat at Qdoba and went to the Mall.


August 4, 2011 - My Dad's 60th Birthday




It was a very Red Sox themed celebration.



August 6, 2011 - Mike, Shannon & Jenn came in to see our place for the first time and we also celebrated Shannon's birthday which was in July.  We all went out to eat at Johnny Carino's and then came back to our place for dessert.



Below is a video/link to us lighting a candle on Shannon's cake that was supposed to play "Happy Birthday" but was so old that it just chimed randomly a couple times instead.  So, we sang to her instead (the video cracks me up though!)



August 13, 2011 - Brandon and I tackled our first home improvement project together (as a married couple).  I had bought these theater seats on craigslist before we were married, but they sat in the garage, unused for about a year until we moved them to Lex with all my other stuff when we got married.  We decided they'd make great porch furniture, so we wanted to refinish and seal them so they could survive the elements.  Here's the before:


First step - Sanding.

2nd: We taped newspaper over all the wooden parts...

3rd:  Spray painted the metal with a Rustoleum outdoor paint.

4th:  Stained/sealed the base...

...and then the chairs.

And Voila!  Here's the after:



August 13, 2011 - Our good friends, Mark & Anne, invited us over to celebrate Mark's Birthday.  We played cards - Hand & Foot.

Then had a yummy and too cute cake that Anne made.  Mark is a big Superman Fan.


August 21, 2011 - My mom's family gathered at my Uncle Roy & Aunt Sue's house to celebrate my Granny's Birthday

And again.....fun with the panoramic setting....

L-R: Uncle Rob, My Mom, Granny, Grandpa, Aunt Nancy & Aunt Sue


August 22, 2011 - Brandon and I went to a Legends Game - a local minor league baseball team.


I taught him how to keep score.

And we laughed at the usher pictured below.....

....who looked very similar to the Legends mascot:



August 26, 2011 - Brandon's co-worker, Mike, and his wife hosted a Cookout.....here we are at the cookout.....

....complete with volleyball at sunset....

....and a jumpy/slide for the kids!  (I secretly wanted to take a turn)


September 2, 2011 - Labor Day Weekend in C-ville to visit Brandon's parents. When we arrived, we took our things upstairs to the room where we stay.  Surrounding the bed were these 5 tiny Adirondack chairs, each with their own tables.  I said to Brandon "Is this a hint for grand kids??"  We headed back downstairs where his dad waited, snickering when we entered the room.  He's such a stinker!  He had made these chairs to be sold in a yard sale (see below) and thought it'd be funny to put them in our room in the meantime. 


On Labor Day, Brandon's folks invited both sides of their extended families over for a cook-out.  We all had a fun time and there were plenty of kids to pass around and play with, not to mention yummy barbecue and potato salad.







September 10, 2011 - Neighborhood Yard Sale at my parents house.  This is an annual event and is a huge deal in the neighborhood.  The streets are packed with people & cars all day long.

And the neighbors across from my parents even set up a Food Stand!

We had a house full for the Yard Sale too.  My parents, Brandon and I, Brandon's parents (who brought the Adirondack chairs from above, along with other stuff), My brother, his wife and their 4 kids!  We were literally sleeping in every nook and cranny of the house where we could be!

Goose, ever the little entrepreneur, hand-made lots of different items and set a table up to sell them too.  She made Paper Dolls, Sewing Kits and Bookmarks, among other things.

Following suit, Tank had a table of items to sell too.

It's always a fun time at the Yard Sale!


September 21, 2011 - Get Together at my cousin Jen's.

Brandon had to go on a business trip, and since it was the first time we would be apart since being married, I took advantage of the time by visiting some family.  My Mamaw and I went to my cousin Jennifer's house to play games with her and her girls.  Back in 2006, we started getting together about once a month or so, alternating to each others houses.  Although it doesn't happen every month any more, we do still get together as much as we can.



We always try to get a group shot, but this night we forgot to get it before the girls went to bed, so it was just Jen, Mamaw and Me.

And Jen *always* takes a funny one or two.  ;)

No comments: