Friday, January 13, 2012

Catching Up - April, May & June

In an effort to catch up on months worth of blogging.....I'm doing three "Catching Up" posts.

I feel like I started to slack off of blogging around the time we got engaged (understandably so).  I did catch up a little bit here (at least for the time between February {when we got engaged} and May {when we got married} - which was mainly just a lot of wedding planning/house packing).  But these next few "Catching Up" posts will cover the rest (for the most part).  Of course there were lots of things we/I did that there aren't pictures of, but these posts will highlight quite a bit of 2011 from April to December.

With all that said.....here goes "Catching Up - April, May & June"


April 7, 2011 - Reds Game with the Fam.  Unfortunately this was a weekday, so Brandon had to work and couldn't make it.  I, of course, was unemployed, my parents were off from work and my brother's kids were all on Spring Break and thus they were in town.  Thinking about it now, I realized this was probably the last thing we all did as a family while we all still had the same last name.


April 12, 2011 - We found Shannon's Dress for the wedding. (Yes, with only 44 days before the wedding, we  I had one Matron of Honor dress and one color finally picked out)



April 15, 2011 - My Granny's Art Opening - her very own exhibit!


All the family & friends that came out to support my Granny (minus a few, actually - there was a great turnout!)


April 20, 2011 - Visited Lish and we found her dress for the wedding.  (36 days before the wedding, I finally had both Matron of Honor dresses and both colors - yay!)

Me and The Beave.....her cute little boy.


May 9, 2011 - Girls Night Out to celebrate Gina & Jenn's Birthdays at Chuy's
(L-R: Shannon, Gina, Jenn & Me)

Then back to my house (Last time to hang out there before I moved) and yummy cupcakes for dessert thanks to Shannon.


May 13, 2011 - My nephew's Kindergarten Graduation


May 21, 2011 - The Beave's First Birthday (Alisha's Son)



Love the look on his face in this one below.



May 23, 2011 - Moving Day!!!  Loaded everything into a U-Haul, drove an hour and a half and unloaded it at Brandon's (soon to be "our") place with the help of our sweet parents (my parents had officially helped me move 4 times in the last two years at this point - God bless them!).


May 28, 2011 - Our Wedding Day, yes, but also 4 days before my niece's birthday, so I quickly gave her her gifts (pillows I had made for her bedroom & some cool corn husk flowers I had gotten in Honduras - she loves stuff from other countries).  I gave these to her in the tent after I changed out of my wedding dress and before we went running through the birdseed send-off.

May 29, 2011 - Although Brandon and I were off on our Honeymoon and didn't get to attend it, there was a little birthday shindig for my niece the day after the wedding.  One cool thing about her birthday party - her birthday cake was a left-over part of one of our wedding cakes!


June 4, 2011 - The day after getting back from our Honeymoon, we had both sets of our parents in and we opened our massive mound of wedding gifts.







We both opened the same card at the same time from two different people - mine had more money in it.  ;)

I'm in love with my Kitchen Aid stand mixer!!!

Collage including our wedding invitation handmade by my former co-workers wife.

Beautiful hand-crocheted blanket made by a very special friend and extraordinary lady, Tammy.

Gifts all the way from India, from Tyler & Arpitha.

Special painting from my Granny, resembling the table decorations we used at the wedding.


June 7, 2011 - We closed on my house in the Ville, said goodbye to the place we first fell in love and drove the rest of my our belongings back home to Lex with us (see behind us to the bed of the pick-up full of junk?).



June 15, 2011 - Date Night - Thor 3D



June 26, 2011 - My friend Kori's Baby Shower

Well there ya have it, three months of my life in a nutshell.  There will be two more "Catching Up" posts and hopefully I'll keep my blog a little more current from then on out (save for the European Adventure posts that I hope to finish too)

No comments: