Friday, January 18, 2013

November in Review - Part 2


Weekend of November 22-24, 2012: Birthanksmas!

The weekend of Thanksgiving, we lovingly referred to as Birthanksmas weekend.  We celebrated my nephew's birthday, Thanksgiving & Christmas all in the span of 3 days!

Thursday, November 22 - Thanksgiving Day (& my nephew's birthday, although the celebration would be in a few days):

We spent Thanksgiving at my Mamaw's (dad's mom).  My mom had to work and my brother's family had gone to D-ville to spend Thanksgiving with my mom's family - they hadn't seen most of that side of the fam in two years!  Everyone is spread out.  We were already going to be heading to the Ville for the other parts of Birthanksmas, so we decided to let Brad's fam enjoy the D-ville fam without us there to hog the kids!  :)  So we joined my dad and his side of the family.  It was weird with out family being split up that day, but we kind of split the difference with each of us seeing a side of the family, so everyone was happy.

Here's Mamaw and her pup, Tigger.......

.......and us.....

.....and my Daddy.


Thanksgiving Evening:

Brad's fam would be arriving the next day and we would all be celebrating Christmas together, so it was time to put the Christmas tree up at my parents house!  This was an annual after-Thanksgiving tradition, but was moved up a little this year to accommodate the early celebration of Christmas.  Even when I had moved out and was on my own, I always went over and helped my parents out their tree up.  Last year was the first time I hadn't gotten to do this, so I was so happy to be a part of it this year!


We always listen to Perry Como's Christmas TAPE - yes, tape!!  :)



Friday, November 23:  Christmas Celebration!

Brad's family arrived and it was time to celebrate Christmas, but first, a couple family photos.

Back: Brandon, Dad, Brad
Middle: Me, Mom, Nancy, The Chief
Font: Goose, The Tank, Boo

.....and there's always the funny family pic too - the kids love this one!

Then it was time to open presents!!!

Here's a few of my favorite pics from opening gifts:


Goose:

Ballerina outfit for her American Girl Doll


I LOVE that Goose loves to read and loves history and loves to read about history!  Just like her Daddy and her Pawpaw.


Tank:
That shirt said "I'm gonna be on a cereal box one day"

French soccer jersey from our trip.





Boo:

I bet not too many get as excited as she did about new toothbrushes!

Cleaning set



The Chief:



Italian soccer jersey also from our trip.


Nance:

Scarf from Austria on our trip.


Brad:

Sand that we scooped up at Omaha Beach and a bullet from WWII we bought at a gift shop.

Dad/Pawpaw:

Mom/Nana:

Aunt Mel:
I got a cake pop maker!!  Goose remembered seeing my cake pop book (she's been to our place twice and yet remembered it) and helped to pick this gift out for me.  So sweet!

Uncle Brandon:

The look on his face is priceless - Tank picked out a "Laughing Sock Monkey" for Brandon.  It rolls around on the floor laughing - hilarious!  I love that Tank wanted to pick out his gift.



After everything was opened, the kids got right to playing with their favorites:

Goose tried roller-skating....

......Tank built a spaceship with his Star Wars Legos......

.......Boo started cleaning......

......and a very bundled Chief rode his mini 4-wheeler!

The Kids Table!!!


A tradition - taking "Our Pic" together.



Saturday November 24:  The Chief's Birthday Celebration!

Technically, Chief's birthday was on Thanksgiving Day, but when you're turning two, I don't think it matters really, as long as, at some point, you get to wear a party hat, open presents and eat ice cream.








Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!!  What a joy you are to our family.




Last Day of Mo-vember:  The Full Fu-Manchu (no lamb chops)



 Does it surprise anyone that I giggled every time at looked at Brandon?  I just couldn't take him seriously with that thing.


Thanks November, you were great!!!

No comments: