Wednesday, January 9, 2013

October in Review - Part 2

October in Review - Part 2

Week of October 22-26, 2012:  B's Business Trip

After spending 2 weeks away on a fun-filled vacation, Brandon flew out two days after we got back for a week-long business trip.  It was hard to be away from each other after spending non-stop time together in Europe.  There was also a 2 hour time difference where he traveled for work, so we didn't get to even talk on the phone much.  By the time he got off work, then he and his co-workers went to eat, and he got back to his hotel room, I was in bed.  But, we made it through the long week and he was home just in time for my birthday (the 27th)!


Weekend of October 26-28, 2012:  Jamie & Al's Wedding Weekend & Birthday Fun
 
Friday, October 26:

I traveled to the Ville and back that evening so I could attend my good friend Jamie's "personal" bridal shower.  She and her fiance Al had gotten engaged back in June and the time had arrived for her wedding - it was 2 days away!

The shower was this particular night (2 days before the wedding) because all of her bridesmaids, family and friends were traveling in from out of town and wouldn't be in the same place until then (and when I say out of town - I mean Indiana, Arkansas, Alabama, Colorado, Hawaii and one friend was coming from Africa!!!)  We all met at Jamie's apartment before going to dinner.  Her dog, Branson, really wanted to see what she got!

I felt honored to be a part of that evening, as it was Jamie, her sister and her bridesmaids....and me!  Unfortunately I don't have a pic of Jamie and I from that evening, but I have this one of her and bridesmaid Lauren.  I love her huge "Bride" cup and the huge "diamond" ring she wore!  We had a blast!  She has such sweet friends and family.

Saturday, October 27:

Brandon and I drove back to the Ville for Jamie's afternoon wedding rehearsal.  I was delighted to be her "Ceremony Coordinator!"  I'd never done this before, but Jamie entrusted the task to me.  She was so sweet to include me all the details and plans for her big day!  I've always called Jamie my "Sister From Another Mister" and she really made me feel like her sister during her engagement time - calling to excitedly tell me about things she had found or deals she had come across.  I was privy to seeing her wedding dress, jewelry, flowers, etc...  It's hard to explain, I guess, but it meant a lot to me.  So, I was really excited and honored to be able to help her on her rehearsal/wedding day (she helped me a ton on mine too!!).




Later that evening after the rehearsal and dinner (at yummy Claudia Sanders), we headed to my parents house to celebrate our birthdays.  Yup, mine is October 27 and Brandon's is October 30.  I love having birthdays so close - it makes it more fun and special!

My cute parents.

My sweet Mamaw came too.

And my cousin, Jamie, and his newly minted fiance, Heather, were there too (they got engaged the day we left for Europe, so this was the first time we got to see the ring and congratulate them!).

We got chili and cake.....and some cash-money presents!  :)

Sunday, October 28:

The morning of Jamie's wedding, I stopped by her apartment to pick up the decor & flowers.  She and her bridesmaids were busy getting ready, so I snapped a few shots.


Love the shirts that Jamie's sister made for all the bridesmaids (she made me one too that said "Team Bride"!)

After all the primping (and apparently some hair drama), the Bride looked absolutely stunning!!!  It was time for her to see her groom.

Brandon was also part of the wedding.  See him there - sitting behind the bridesmaids?  He ran the sound system and music for the wedding and reception both.  He did great!

Here Comes The Bride!

A beautiful (albeit chilly) ceremony, topped with a kiss (Al really went for that one, didn't he??)

Congrats to the New Mr. & Mrs.!!!

The previous 5 pictures were "borrowed" from Jamie's facebook page.  It's very unlike me to not get tons of pictures, but since I was telling the wedding party when to walk down the aisle, I needed to concentrate on that.  I also kept things moving along at the reception (with special dances, cake cuttings and toasts), so I have none from the reception.  Oh well!  The memories in my mind will last forever!



Tuesday October 30, 2012: Brandon's Birthday!

Brandon picked Qdoba for his birthday dinner.  Afterwards, we stopped at Panera because I had a free goodie coming to me for my birthday.  Turns out I actually had two goodies waiting on me.  So, I let Brandon pick one - a pumpkin spice latte - and I picked the other - a piece cinnamon coffee cake. 

We brought them home and I put a candle in the piece of cake and serenaded Brandon with Happy Birthday.

Since our Europe Trip was birthday present enough, we set a small limit ($10) to get each other something for our birthdays.  I framed two pictures for Brandon from our trip, when we got to meet Radio Host Geoff Loyd (he got me some new "glommits" [gloves/mittens], since mine were starting to wear out).


No comments: