Sunday, November 11, 2012

June in Review

So June started with us coming back from our fun San Fran One Year Anniversary Trip on Friday June 1st.  We spent that evening with my parents and then returned home for the rest of the weekend to do laundry and get ready for a new work week.

Here's some more of June....

Weekend of June 8-10, 2012:

We had a wedding to attend in the Ville, so we decided to spend the entire weekend at my parents house for a work / wedding weekend.

My parents were in the process of giving their play room a make-over.  The room had already been painted blue.  I had found and/or photo-shopped some Peanuts characters / scenes that we projected onto the walls (hooked a projector up to the computer).

We traced the character or scene onto the walls with a pencil.

Then we started painting in each character and would later outline them with a thick black marker.

We didn't finish all of if this particular weekend, we came back here and there and my mom also had many other friends and family members pitch in and help accomplish everything.

Here's before and after shots from each of the four corners of the room after everything was finished though:

Before - Corner One:

After - Corner One:




Before - Corner Two:

After - Corner Two (the area below the "stage" is a chalkboard):



Before - Corner Three:

After - Corner Three:



Before - Corner Four:

After - Corner Four:


Saturday June 9 - The Wedding:

Amidst all the tracing and painting for the play room, we still had that wedding to attend, so we cleaned up on Saturday afternoon and headed to the wedding site.


The Bride and Groom - Mr & Mrs. C!

I got to see one of my good friends, Jamie, and her boyfriend, Al at the wedding too (you may remember Jamie from some of my wedding blogposts - here and here).  She could now call Al her fiance since they had gotten ENGAGED that morning!!!  Soooooo happy for them!!!  And it was so fun to get to congratulate her in person.


I love this shot of the Bride and I - this is *so* her and such a fun pic.  :)

The month of June actually offered us a few weekends at home (which is pretty rare for us not to travel on a weekend), so we snatched those up pretty quick...so the middle of June was pretty quiet and uneventful, therefore there's not much to blog about (not that I'm complaining about down time!)

At the end of June, we headed back to the Ville.....

Weekend of June 29-30, 2012

Friday, June 29:

We arrived in the Ville for a visit with my parents and my brothers family.  It had been about 4 months since we had seen them and I was about to die from withdrawals.  :)


The months of May and June in our family are packed with birthdays and anniversaries.  Instead of mailing out packages to folks, we had saved up all the presents and gave them out that night. 

We had gifts for 4 family members birthdays, Fathers Day for my Dad and an anniversary gift for my brother and sister-in-law.  It was like Christmas!   My parents anniversary is in May too, but we had already celebrated with them for that. 


This was what I gave my Dad for Father's Day.  The picture on the left is him holding me at the hospital when I was born and the one on the right is my wedding day.
 

We gave Goose a Colorguard flag and she picked it up and spun it like she'd been doing it all her life!


We had fun hanging out that night and playing with the kiddos.


Saturday, June 30:  The Annual Family Cookout

My dad's middle brother and his wife host a family cookout each year.  We play lots of games, eat lots of food and just have fun together.

In the last couple years, they have also added a water slide to the mix, since we've had some hot summers.



Even the Big Kids (aka my Dad) go down the slide.

Uncle J somehow always takes charge of the water hose and loves to spray everyone with it.


After cooling off with the water slide, the lawn games began.

We play a variety of games including marshmallow shooting, bean toss, darts and water balloon toss (which turns into a water balloon fight almost every year).





We cut out of the picnic a tad early to head to C-ville so we could attend Brandon's cousin's wedding.  It was a small back-yard wedding.



The Bride and Groom with Brandon's immediate family

Congrats!


No comments: