Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New Years Eve!!

After traveling all week, we landed back at home on Friday evening December 28.  We were both off work until January 2, which meant we had four glorious days at home with hardly anything scheduled!

I got busy with some craft projects - the biggest of which was making some aprons for our friends Mark & Anne.  Mark is a huge Superman fan and he was also in love with Wonder Woman growing up.  So, when I saw a picture on Pinterest of these aprons, I knew I had to make them.  I worked off the pictures and hoped for the best!


Here's the final product!  The little one in the middle is actually a small cape velcro'd to a onesie - Mark & Anne are expecting their first child, a boy, and so I made a little cape for the baby to match their Superhero aprons.

The best part about Mark's Superman apron is that he can turn it over and wear it as a cape!  And it matches the baby's cape - so they can be superheros together!  (And I think I'll have to make a bigger one for the baby as he grows).


I got the aprons/capes done just in time, as Mark & Anne were coming over to our place to ring in the New Year.

We all sat and talked and snacked.

They were so excited when we gave them their presents and they loved them!!  I hate that Mark's apron is a tiny bit small......

.......but it was a perfect cape size and he was pumped that it had dual-purpose!

Then they opened the baby cape and were even more excited!

It was so much fun to make them and even more fun to give them!!!

Midnight rolled around and my cute engineer-husband made sure we all had the same exact amount of sparkling grape juice.

Happy 2013!!!!



Hope this year brings you love, joy & peace!

No comments: