Saturday, March 24, 2012

Runnin Man

My man is runnin, running, runnin these days!  He did 23 miles this morning....training for a marathon in April.  And now he's currently sleeping on the couch....while I get crafty and work on my YoFS list.

I was a little worried about him lately, some of his long runs have been kinda bad....having to walk some during the run, coming home with leg cramps...visibly shaking and obviously dehydrated....kinda scary, I have to admit.  But this morning, he had a GREAT run!  We really made sure yesterday that he got a ton of carbs (he ate at the Chinese buffet for lunch & we had fazzoli's for dinner) and he made sure to hydrate very well before this morning.  Another thing that I think was very pivotal in him having a very successful run today was that he chose a route that allowed him to come back by the house at his half-way point....so he was able to fill up his water/gatorade bottles and use the restroom.....gave me some peace of mind too to see him doing okay half-way through his run.

I'm proud of him for having so much discipline and dedication! 

Isn't he *so* cute???

No comments: