Saturday, March 24, 2012

Playroom Remodel

March 16-18 we planned a work weekend at my parents house.

First up though, Brandon and my Dad went to the High School State Basketball Semi-Finals in Lex.  

Before the games started (they had tickets to two sessions of two games each - 4 games total) they got to see Joe B. & Denny in person doing their radio show:

They ate at the food court during the radio show (isn't my Daddy cute?)

Between these semi-finals and all the March Madness, I'm surprised they didn't dream about basketball!

Meanwhile, as they were watching lots & lots of games, I was driving to the Ville to spend Friday evening with my Momma.....look at the sunset I enjoyed on the way there!


Dad & Brandon arrived back in the Ville late Friday night.....and then Saturday and Sunday, we all got to work on the playroom at my parents house.  

A few years ago, the ceiling and one wall had to be patched (for various reasons) and they were never really finished.  So, we went to help them mud, sand, mud some more and start doing some painting (after tracing all the characters to re-use later).  

The playroom is my old bedroom and it's needed a good paint job for years.  There's a few "Peanuts" characters here and there and some clouds on the blue walls so we're going to repaint those to some degree on the newly painted walls after it's all said & done (did that even make sense?). 

I'll post before & after pictures once it's all done (which may be a while) but here's the "Peanuts" characters that are there now:

Lucy (her feet are covered by a toddler bed)

Charlie Brown & Snoopy (this is where one of the walls had to be patched)

And Schroeder

No comments: