Thursday, November 10, 2011

Throwback Thursday

On November 7, Brandon and I celebrated our "First Date-o-Versary."  That's right - November 7 was two years since our very first date! 

We were introduced by a mutual friend in September 2009 through facebook (she thought we'd hit it off, so we added each other as facebook friends), and for the first couple months, we corresponded through emails and talked on the phone.  Finally, we decided to go on a first date and officially meet each other in person.

We met up in the parking lot of a big mall in the Ville and then went to dinner at an Asian place and had coffee at a locally-owned shop.  We basically closed down both places, as we talked until around 11pm.  

Brandon wore a light pink colored button-down shirt with the sleeves rolled up slightly and khaki pants.  His hair was longer in those days and he had it pulled back into a ponytail.  He also sported a very thick, reddish colored goatee.

I remember he asked me what I wanted and ordered for me at the coffee shop...that seemed very gentlemanly to me.  I couldn't tell you what we talked about really.  I was nervous....and honestly, rather guarded.  But Brandon is a great conversationalist, so I know we didn't lack for things to discuss.

This is only where our story begins though.  About 3 months after our first date, we actually stopped dating for a time (before we got back together and eventually got married) - but that's another blog post for another day.
I don't have a picture of us from that very first date, but the picture below is from a couple weeks later (and was our very first picture together) when we double-dated with Mike & Shannon.  We all went bowling and then we to an Irish pub for dinner.


November 28, 2009

No comments: