Thursday, November 3, 2011

Throwback Thursday

I decided to start a new Thursday routine on my blog called "Throwback Thursday."  From past experience, I've learned that if I have something I'm shooting for blogging about weekly, I'm more likely to blog in general.  So, Throwback Thursday will just be a fun way to share old pictures, memories, stories....anything really that I want to 'Throwback' to and remember or share.

For the first ever Throwback Thursday....

Two pictures of me in the year 1994 in my high school marching band uniform. This would be my freshman year of high school making me about 15 years old. This was also my first year in marching band. I played the piccolo (like a small flute). This would be the only year I would actually march. I was in marching band all 4 years of high school, but my sophomore & junior years,  I played stationary  instruments (things like xylophones) on the sidelines in what's called the "pit".  And my senior year, I was the Field Commander (head band geek?).




Sorry for the quality of these photos. Right as I was going to blog this, my computer decided to crash, so these are pictures of pictures (couldn't scan them).

Every weekend in the fall consisted of all day Saturday competitions. I think the best we ever placed during my years in the Ridge Regiment was about 8th or 9th in the State. I loved marching band!!  And some of my closest friends in high school were my fellow band members. Most people refer to the fall weather as 'Football Weather', but each time fall brings a chill to the warm days, *I* think of it as 'Marching Band Weather.'
Go Ridge!!

No comments: