Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My New House

Here it is - My New House!

I bought a house!  After what has been a long year (well really, couple of years) of trying to decide whether to move or whether to stay, I have decided to stay.  It's been such a long road to get to this point, but I'm feeling a peace about it. I really still feel like I was supposed to sell my other house and free myself up to do whatever it was the Lord wanted but I never ruled out that it was just a move across town.

Through this last year, I have started down many roads only to find that they were going nowhere - the Lord wasn't opening any doors for any of them. So, I started praying about staying here instead. And it was like a light bulb went on!  I think it was a great time of testing and I hope that I did everything as the Lord instructed me (and hope that I still am doing that). I can't say that He won't move me away in the future, but I really feel like unless I have a specific offer or direction, that I am just supposed to keep on keeping on right here in the Ville.

So, I bought a house!  It has 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, a little over 1300 square feet, a one-car garage and a lovely front porch.  It's very, very close to work, making my commute about 5 minutes (versus the 25-30 minutes it takes now).  It's in a great neighborhood and within walking distance to a park where I already go to run/walk.  Plus, it is also much closer to my current church.  I will be moving further from my family and some friends from my "home church" though, so that's one of the draw-backs, but they should know I won't hesitate to drive over and see them!

I won't be closing on the house or moving into it for about a month, so of course all the furniture and decorations in the pictures belong to the current owners.

Here's the front.  It's on a corner lot, so the front yard is fairly large.

I can't wait to sit on this porch with a good book and sip lemonade all summer!


This is the Entryway


This is what the current owners are using as a Formal Dining Room, but I will be using it as a Living Room (it's the first room you see when you walk in the door)


The Kitchen....I will definitely be changing the wall color and those blue curtains!  I'm thinking something in the brown family or maybe a butter yellow - any ideas?  The countertops are a hunter green marble-y kind of thing.  I'll change them out some day, but they are here to stay for now.


One thing I really don't like at all is the fact that the Washer/Dryer are exposed - I hope to one day extend the counter over them and put cabinet doors in front of them.  But again, they are here to stay for now.  That door leads to the backyard where there's a small deck.


This is the dining area off the kitchen.


This is the Master Bedroom (complete with a walk-in closet that I'm very excited about!)


Guest Room


This picture doesn't really show a whole lot, but it's a pretty typical bathroom


This is the room I am completely and totally siked about!!  This is a big great room on one end of the house with a vaulted ceiling! 

I LOVE that it has a fireplace and skylights and wood beams.  Lots of character in this room.  I will be turning this entire room into a Hobby/Hang Out Room.  I hope to have spaces set up for Scrapbooking, Quilting, Sewing, Photography Stuff, My Computer/Printer/Negative Scanner, etc...and a couch and TV for hanging out.  Hopefully this one room can actually contain it all!


Here's the backyard.  It's rather small by most people's standards, but I can imagine a beautiful flower garden back here.


Thanks for stopping by to look at my new house - now can I count on you to come help me move into it?  Pretty please??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!

We painted our kitchen yellow before we moved in. I highly recommend it. :)

I love the porch too. You're going to get through so many books sitting there.

So what part of town is in it?

Mel said...

Hey Kristin! Thanks! :) I remember your post about your kitchen - I love the yellow you used! Do you happen to know the name of the color and what brand you used? I might have to copy you!

The house is in the St. Matthews area. Right now I live in the Southwest part of town.

Unknown said...

It's called Sunrise Beach [Great name, huh?] and we had made it in the Valspar brand from Lowe's. I remember it was from the collection of colors that all had beachy names.

Which church are you going to? Southeast?