Tuesday, January 12, 2010

European Adventure Recap - Leaving London

Saturday October 24, 2009
London, England
Early this morning we packed up and boarded a Eurostar train that would take us over to France - going under the English Channel. The tunnel that goes under the Channel is nicknamed the "Chunnel" (channel and tunnel smooshed into one word). The Chunnel itself is 31.4 miles, 23.5 of that actually being under water. The lowest part of the Chunnel is 250 Feet below ground.
All Aboard! It was so nice to not have to drag suitcases around - I'm so glad we backpacked!

Isn't the inside nice? Kind of reminded me of a coach bus.
The train ride from London to Paris took about 2.5 hours

Shannon slept and I read. (Hopefully she won't kill me for posting this picture, but then again it's not great of me either!)

No comments: