Thursday, July 17, 2008

Praline Goodness

My co-workers found out that I like to bake and so they actually started taking up a baking fund so that I would make something sweet to eat every week. So every Thursday I bring in some kind of treat. Usually it's chocolate chip cookies because I think I can make those in my sleep by now and everyone really likes them. But sometimes I switch it up and make something different. Today I brought in super-easy Praline Bars. I had them at my cousin's house a few days ago and they were very yummy!

In the pan

Ready for the co-workers

The best part is that they are very easy to make! I included the recipe below for anyone that wants to try it. Pre-heat oven to 350 Line a greased cookie sheet with a single layer of graham crackers Melt two sticks of butter in a sauce pan Add one cup of brown sugar to the melted butter and bring to a boil Boil butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes (stirring occasionally) Pour over top of graham crackers making sure to cover all parts Sprinkle 1 cup of chopped/crushed pecans over coated graham crackers Bake about 10 minutes Cool and cut with a pizza cutter (Tip: don't let them cool too much because it's harder to cut them! Plus they are really good when they are still a little warm.)

No comments: