Monday, July 21, 2008

For Sale By Owner

Tonight marks a milestone for me. I have put a For Sale sign in the front yard of my first home. It's been quite emotional actually. My parents came over and we had a little sign hoisting ceremony in the front yard (okay so it was more just sticking little metal rods in the ground than it was actually hoisting, but I like to exaggerate for effect). Then they prayed for me and that God would clearly direct me in the next steps of my life and that my house would sell. I think they think I'm a little crazy and I guess I am to sell my house with no real plan of action to follow. But one thing I don't mind being crazy about and consider it quite a compliment actually is when it comes to following the Lord. I want to be so crazy for Him that I will not hesitate to do what He asks of me, even if it means selling my little house. I think there is a lot of wonder and excitement in the unknown. Just knowing that God is moving and working in my life and growing me (and those around me) and asking us to do bigger and bigger things for Him....not even knowing the outcome. How amazing is that? That God in Heaven cares about our lives!! But I believe wholeheartedly and without reservation that if I will truly give my entire life to the Lord that He will not let me down. He knows that some things may cause me pain for a moment, but will bring much joy, growth, purpose, etc... at a later point. He knows that when I cry or feel pain or don't understand that He can see the bigger picture and that He really DOES have a plan for little ole me. I just pray that I will always follow Him. I pray that He keep me close to Him and that His voice is very recognizable to me. I pray that as I follow Him, that He would humble me and use me to show Him to others so that they would know His amazing, wonderful, awesome peace in their lives. So, this is the reason that I am putting my house up for sale. Because God asked me to and I want to do what He says, because my life serves a greater purpose than just whats going on in my own little world and how it's affecting me. And this will be the reason that I do whatever comes next, because He will have spoken it to me. If my life is lived for nothing more than to show others more and more of Christ, then I will be one joyful & fulfilled woman. I'll add some pictures tomorrow of my house. ...just in case anyone out there is interested. :) But for now, I'm heading off to bed and hoping for sweet dreams.

5 comments:

Suzannah said...

So excited for you in this next chapter of life. God is well pleased with your willingness to obey Him and leave all the consequences to Him. May He continue to guide you with each step you take. By the way, you look so pretty in that picture! I love your hair short!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! I am so excited to read your blog! We are moving the 8th of September and should be in the ville around then. Let's get together!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, my vote is that you move next door to me in ATL ;)

Mel said...

Who knows? I have definitely considered ATL....just waiting to see what doors the Lord opens and which ones He closes. I would LOVE to be your neighbor though! :)

P.S. Yes, let's DO get together when you guys are in town though!!

Jamie said...

I just hope you don't move to far away. I would hate to drift apart from you Mel. One of the things that I have thought was really cool is that we have stayed pretty close over the years, and I'd really hate to see my cousin and someone I consider to be a really good friend move really far away. But having said that I'll support you and love you in whatever you decide. Love you Mel.