Saturday, February 16, 2013

First Travel Weekend of the Year

Hard to believe after traveling so much in 2012 that we made it to the end of January without a weekend away, but we did!  We jam-packed lots of fun into the First Travel Weekend of 2013 though with a trip to the Ville.

Friday January 25 - Game Night with Mamaw:

My Mamaw, cousin Jennifer, and I (and any other family who wanted to come) used to get together about once a month.  We did this for several years.  We would rotate going to each other's houses and each time that it was at Mamaw's, we would have Game Night there.  We don't get together near as much as we used to (Jen has two growing girls and lives in IN and I live in Lex), but we still try to have Game Night at Mamaw's when we can.

Jen was unable to come to this Game Night after all due to weather (snow/ice), but it went on anyway.

Mamaw's favorite game is "Dice."  
That's what we call it anyway, but it's very similar to Farkle, if you know what that is.

My Dad, Momma, Uncle Jeff and cousin, Jamie:

The Hubs:


After a few games of Dice, we split the group in two - the women (Jamie's fiancee, Heather joined us too) played Scattergories.....


.......while the men played Stock Market.



Saturday Morning, January 26 - Boat & RV Show:

After Brandon and my Dad had a nice morning work-out at the gym (while my Mom and I stayed home in our jammies and drank coffee) we decided a fun outing was in order.  It just so happened that the Boat & RV Show was in town at the Fair & Expo Center that weekend!  And if you know me at all, you know I LOVE looking at RV's and that I have a little redneck dream of one day traveling cross-country for months in an RV.  Shannon and I used to attend this very RV Show every year (I think we went about 4-5 years in a row using free tickets she scored from a friend!).

So, off to the RV Show we went!

I don't know why, but I just love how compact and functional RV's are.


Although, I can't quite believe how one would pay for the really roomy, expensive RV's, I really like them and so did Dad and Brandon (or maybe they just enjoyed their comfy seats?).

I can't believe some RV's even have kitchen islands! 

This particular unit wasn't so much an RV as it was a home - even looked like a real home on the outside, but was compact like an RV (with a bit more wiggle room), on the inside.










Saturday Evening, January 26 - Painting Class with the Girls:

After a fun day or RV Dreaming with the fam, I headed out for a Girls Night with Shannon & Jenn.  We ate dinner at my favorite Cuban place in the Ville, Havana Rumba, then went to a Group Painting Class at Pinot's Palette


We started with blank canvases (except they were nice enough the sketch the Fleur de Lis pattern on the canvas) and the instructor walked us through each step until we had a finished painting!



Here's the three of us with our finished paintings:

And one of the entire class (I'm in the back row, second from the left with my painting over my head)

No comments: