Monday, May 2, 2011

My New Normal

Hello Blogger Friends!! 

My, oh, my - it's been such a long time since I posted!!  Life has been just a tad bit crazy.  First of all, there's the engagement and subsequent wedding planning (and we opted for a pretty short engagement, so things are in hyper-warp speed with planning).  Then there's the preparing of and listing my house for sale (because I'm moving to Lexington when we get hitched, since that's where my Sweetie lives now).  And as if that wasn't enough to keep things interesting, I found out around the middle of March that as of the end of March, I would be unemployed (along with several others in our company).

So, between me figuring out wedding stuff, keeping my house nearly spotless as it was shown and constantly keeping track of unemployment and insurance stuff, there's been little time for blogging, but I miss it a lot!  It's a bit of a creative outlet for me and it's kind of an online scrapbook of sorts (although even that has gone by the wayside as I can't seem to finish my Europe Trip or my Honduras Trip pictures).


It's not been all stress and craziness, there's been a lot of fun things lately too - Bridal Showers, Family Visits (including my brother's fam - we all went to a Reds game together) and some traveling too.

Anywho, for now, I'll leave you with a few pictures....and promise not to be such a stranger.

This is me and my mom (in the white) with several of her sweet friends that threw me a Bridal Shower.

And here's Brandon and I with his Aunts Wanda and Gwen, they threw us a lovely Family Shower in C-ville, where Brandon is originally from.

I just thought I'd check in and say hello to the 2 or 3 folks out there who read my little web log.  :)  By the way - it's a lot of fun for me to actually know my audience (if I have one). If you're a reader of my blog - leave me a message and let me know. It would certainly brighten my day. Maybe even tell me where you're located and how you found my blog (if you remember). Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I read it Mel!! :) You'll have to keep it up after you're a married girl so I know what's going on in Lexington!!! :)
Love,
Shannon