Thursday, December 2, 2010

My First House Guests....and a stroll down Memory Lane

Since moving into my New House back in March, I hadn't had a single overnight visitor yet.  No reason really, as I don't have a lot of House Guests in general, but that all changed on November 21.  I not only had House Guests, but I actually had 6.5 of them!!

My brother, his wife, their 3.5 kids (my sis-in-law was still cooking #4) and my mom all stayed the night.  Well, technically my brother and his wife didn't stay all night as they left in the middle of the night for the hospital.

Let me explain:

My brother and sister-in-law decided to have their 4th child in the Ville (they live elsewhere and this was a good option for them for many reasons).  So they drove up about a week and a half before the baby was due.  They stayed a couple nights with my parents, then went and had some fun family time at a hotel for a couple nights, then ventured out to my house where they would stay until the baby arrived (as my house is just a couple miles from the hospital where she would deliver).

So, on the night of November 21, I had a house full!  We had a lot of fun!

This is my "Treasure Chest" (as Tank calls it) that I use as a coffee table.  I keep some small toys and items from my childhood in it.  Well, curiosity got the best of Tank and he decided to open the chest and see what was inside.

Among the old key chains (with my name on them), 80's plastic clip-on charms, and slap bracelets was my old record player and a stack of records. 

After sifting through records by the likes of The Oakridge Boys ("Elvira" ~ Oom bapa) and Olivia Newton John ("I Honestly Love You"), and others, my brother found an old copy of Waylon Jenning's "Theme From The Dukes Of Hazzard (Good Ol' Boys)"

My nephew played his best air guitar and danced around to the static-y sounding song (my brother practically wore that record out doing the very same thing as a kid!)

Then we put on a record that went along with a book - remember those?  'When you hear this sound....turn the page'.  The kids chose "Cinderella" but as I guessed, their attention spans didn't last for the entire story.

Goose & Boo enjoyed my old Pound Puppies and My Little Pony's as well.

I also knew Goose would love my collection of Charmkins (she loves things with tiny pieces!)

After the stroll down Memory Lane, we all turned in for the night.

My sister-in-law had started having contractions early in the evening and so she and my brother headed over to the hospital in the middle of the night while the rest of us slept.  Things progressed slowly through the night for them, so the next morning my mom and I enjoyed waking up with the kiddos.

Goose watched cartoons in my bedroom, while Tank played Angry Birds on my phone.

Little Miss Boo slept in a bit - here she is still snoozing in her make-shift bed on the floor in the Guest Room.  The other two kiddos slept in the bed.

As one of my previous blogpost's announced, little Quatro joined the family around lunchtime that day.

While my sister-in-law and the baby stayed the remainder of the time at the hospital, my brother, the older 3 kiddos and my mom stayed with me another couple nights.  What a great visit we all had and I was so happy to call them my very first House Guests!

No comments: