Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dalisha's Desserts













So I have to brag about my old college roomie, Alisha......she's a pretty amazing Pastry Chef! Not only has she used her artistic background to create melt-in-your-mouth, scrumptious bites of heaven with each thing she bakes, but she has won several awards! A few years ago, she won a cookie recipe contest and appeared on the Emeril Live show where he actually made her cookies on air!! She literally has to turn people down because her cakes and cookies and pies are in such high demand but she doesn't have the capacity to make them all. She has always dreamed of opening her own bakery and things are finally in place for that with her most recent award. She won a contest for entrepreneurs in Owensboro (where she lives) and basically the city is funding the start of her bakery!! The city is providing her a space in an already built building that she gets to completely redo to be exactly what she wants it be - right down to the cases which will house her yummy desserts and the chairs everybody will sit in to enjoy them. Plus she gets some extra dough (pun intended) to gets things off the ground! If all goes according to plans, folks in the Owensboro area could be walking into Dalisha's Desserts by the Fall!! I am so very excited for her!! She has worked hard and is so talented and truly deserves this so much! I'm excited too to have a small part in helping her to open her bakery - she has asked me to draw up the floor plan and help with the design! I can't wait to go see the space and start designing!
Congratulations Alisha!!!
I'm so proud of you and so happy for you!!!!!!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Awww Mel!! YOU ARE THE BEST!! I didn't even see this until today. You are the greatest friend and anyone could have and I'm so very blessed to have you in my life. And I'm even more excited that you'll get to be a part of it all with me!!! So excited about seeing you tomorrow!!!