Sunday, October 13, 2013

Columbus

May 3-5, 2013

At the end of my week off, we ventured to Columbus, OH to visit friends, Brian & Emily, and their 4 kiddos.



Brandon teases me, but I always like taking hotel pictures for some reason.

One reason we went to Columbus (other than to visit) was so that Brian and Brandon could run a half-marathon together.  They've done this before a few times and it's something fun for them to train and do together.

Here's two of the kiddos at the race waiting for the guys to run past:

Emily with the double-stroller and the other two kiddos (the Baby was in the back - sadly I didn't really get a good picture of her on our trip).

We didn't see the guys along the race route (so many runners & so hard to be in the right place at the right time as they whiz by), but we caught up with them after they finished.




Free Celebratory Champagne (which Brandon says wasn't very good).


After the race, the kids decided to have a race of their own at home!  Brandon timed their laps (they did like 6 around the house!)


There was even a water stop.  K, the oldest girl, brought out little Dixie Cups of water and had Emily stand ready with them.  In the background is Emily's mom holding Baby A (the only pic I got of her that weekend).  K also made race numbers for each participant to wear.  How cute!

Checking their times after the race

The happy runners: K, D & L

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for posting! I had forgotten about the race around the house - so cute! And the backyard looks so different than it did just a few months ago with a new patio. You guys will just have to come back and see it sometime. :)

Mel said...

I'm so behind on my blogging! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

We'd love to come back and see the patio - I bet it's great!