Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Nautical Baby Shower

March 24, 2013

Our good friends, Mark & Anne, were expecting a baby boy, so I threw Anne a baby shower.  She was decorating the baby's room in a nautical theme, so I did the shower in a nautical theme as well.

Here's the invitation (I blurred out some info I didn't want shared):


And the parents-to-be:
 (Anne's lapel-tag is in the shape of a sailboat and says "Baby on Board")

The banner over the food table says "Ahoy It's a Boy"

I scoured Pinterest for nautical ideas.

The napkins were rolled with rope and Life Savers.....

.....and all the food had nautical names.

"Captain's Cheeseball"

"Boat Oars"

"Catch of the Day" (Goldfish Crackers)

"Seagull Snacks"

"First Mate Fruit Salad"

"Sailor Sandwiches"

The baby shower was held at a nearby neighborhood clubhouse (since our little duplex wouldn't hold everybody).

Several of Mark & Anne's friends and family were there.



Kroger even took a special request for a Sailboat Cupcake Cake.  I thought it turned out great - even if it did stain all our teeth!

I also made some "Chips Ahoy Cookies"

After a bite to eat, it was time for some shower games.  Brandon was such a good sport.  He had come dressed in his vest and tie to serve beverages at the shower and complied when I asked him to participate in one of the games.  It was a spin on the Price is Right and I called him a "Barker's Beauty".  :)  He was a hit!




After a few games came presents!

Anne's mom made the baby a quilt.

The baby received so many nice things and we all had a fun time.

One last thing for the guests to do before they left was to leave a "Message in a Bottle" - advice for the parents to be.

This was my first Pinterest-inspired event and I really had a fun time planning it and sticking with the theme.  But what was even more fun was seeing how blessed Mark and Anne were by the shower and everything they received Baby T.

3 comments:

Emily said...

WOW, Melanie!! That is amazing! I love all the decorations - you rocked the theme! So fun.

Shannon said...

Mel, you did a GREAT job! So, you were the host and the photog? You're the woman! Looks like a lot of fun. :)

Mel said...

Thanks Girls! It was so much fun. :)

Ha - well, you know me, I can always snap pictures, no matter what else is going on. Plus Brandon was there helping....and one of the girls at the shower helped out a lot too.