Thursday, December 15, 2011

Throwback Thursday

Always a Bridesmaid.....at least I was until May 28, 2011!

For today's Throwback Thursday, I thought I'd share about the 7, yes 7 (!) times I was a Bridesmaid.  Even though friends have joked with me, I was no where close to the "27 Dresses" movie.  It was truly a joy and such an honor each time I got to stand beside someone as they entered into the covenant of marriage.


The first time I had the honor was June 19, 1999.  It was for my brother, Brad's, wedding.

Then on September 7, 2002, I stood up with my "Best Cousin Forever," Jennifer.

And on November 19, 2005, it was my friend from church, Kori.

Katie, my friend since childhood, got married on June 10, 2006


Then I got to be Maid of Honor for the first time for my best friend and college roomie, Alisha
on September 30, 2006

Next up was another friend from church, Jenn, on May 19, 2007

And most recently I got to be Maid of Honor for my best friend (yes, I have 2!) and travel buddy, Shannon on November 6, 2010.

Not necessarily in the Bridesmaid category, but a close sister are the two times I got to be a Flower Girl.

The first time was for some folks at church (honestly can't remember their names).  They didn't have any kids in their families, so they asked my mom if I could be their Flower Girl - cool!  This is circa 1985.

And then in April of 1989 (I should probably know the date, but I don't), my Uncle Jeff got married and I was a Flower Girl at his wedding.

No comments: