Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Christmas Adventures - Part 2

Part 2 of my Christmas Adventures happened a couple weeks after Christmas on the weekend of January 7.  My Dad, Mom, Brandon and I all traveled to have Christmas with my brother and his family in the western part of the state.

See Part 1 here.

Here's my brother with his wife and their 4 kiddos.
Then it was time for presents!
Goose had a huge pile!
So did Tank
Even little Boo was surrounded with gifts.
We let the kids alternate opening gifts first.  Goose loved the box of goodies (including this hat and purse) from my Granny and Grandpa.
Tank was super-excited about his new "Zuzu pet".
And although it's hard to tell, Boo was really enjoying her presents from my Mamaw.
Goose opened a "My Littlest Pet Shop" figurine from Brandon.  She has a ton of them, but didn't have *that* one yet.
Not only did Tank get a Zuzu pet, he got a motorcycle with a side car to put his Zuzu pet in!
There we go, little Boo is starting to smile.
Goose was thrilled about the tap shoes I got her.
And Tank couldn't wait to play the new keyboard my parents gave him.
I love this picture of Boo. She liked her new toy chest from my parents so much that she got on her belly and flapped her little legs around and scooted as close as she could to the box to look at it.
This is pretty much what little Quatro did the entire time we opened presents.
After the kids finished opening gifts, it was time for the adults to do the same.  Tank had made my dad a special present.  He made him close his eyes and hold his hands out.
Tank had put baseball stickers all over a small plastic storage box so my dad could carry around his Strat-o-Matic game in it.  It's a baseball board game type thing that my Dad, Brother and Tank all play.
Two peas in a pod right there.
Then my Mom opened a special gift from Goose.
She had gotten her a little hanging bird feeder for her garden.
Aren't they both so gorgeous?
Brandon and I enjoyed all the festivities and took photos like crazy.
The kids are just as goofy as my dad....guess it's just in the genes.
Remember how I had gotten Brandon's Mom a can opener for Christmas?  Well, my Sister-in-law got my Mom one too!
And my sister-in-law snuggled Quatro while he got some Zzz's.
At least until I got a hold of him.
Of course, he's so sweet that we all end up stealing him from one another.
Here's the whole family in front of the Christmas tree
And here we are being a buncha crazies.
After presents and pictures, Boo & Goose put on a tap show for us!
And then while the boys played Mario Brothers on the Wii....
....the girls watched "Cars" and my Dad and I put together Boo's Toy Chest.
What a fun weekend and a great way to wrap up the Christmas Season!

No comments: