Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ollie Burger, Extra Sauce Please
















I was introduced to a new "delicacy" today....the Ollie Burger....which comes from this tiny little place right in the heart of the Ville - Ollie's Trolley, I have passed by this place on several occasions in my lifetime - seeing it as a Louisville Landmark - but never stopping for a taste. But today - that all changed. One of the partners at work is semi-retiring and we had a little celebration of sorts for him. He loves the Ollie Burgers and so someone made a run for lunch and brought back 25 of them! We walked into rather smelly conference room (think White Castle) and each sat down to a greasy brown paper bag. It's contents - one Ollie Burger, Extra Sauce and one helping of Ollie Fries. The Ollie Burger surprised me with it's goodness. It wasn't the best burger I've ever had, but it definitely secured a spot near the top of the list. The Burger was covered in "Ollie Sauce" (a special sauce that is something similar mayonnaise infused with thousand island dressing) and a piece of melted mozzarella cheese. The Ollie Fries were covered in a special blend of spices that were so yummy I ate two helpings! All-in-all, I would definitely recommend Ollie's Trolley and am glad I finally had the chance to try it! If it sounds so good you can't resist, it's located at 3rd and Kentucky, open weekdays 10:00-4:30.....but make sure to take cash - they don't accept anything else.

2 comments:

nancy said...

Thought you would be interested to know we had one of these in Danville when I was a child!

Mel said...

Really? Where was it?