Monday, June 8, 2009

The Daily Grind

This is where I spend my weekdays - my home away from home. It's a little nicer than a standard cubicle and a little roomier for that matter. Up until about 2 months ago I sat at a different desk with a view to the pond outside. But, then they decided to play musical desks and moved us all around. So, now I have to scoot my chair back about 6 feet to be able to see outside.
Here's one of my cube-mates. Meet "Doppler Dave" - named so because he has constant knowledge of weather-patterns all across the globe. He loves Barry Manilow and the Muppets and keeps watch over the many generations of Ducks and Geese outside our building. Dave loves the chocolate chip cookies I make, so for his birthday I made him special "DAVE" shaped treats.
I also share the space with Ken. He is into sports and listens to ESPN radio most of the day. This picture was taken after he refused to look up from the Sports section. Although it is undiagnosed by anyone but my friend Andrea and I, Ken suffers from a mild form of Restless Leg Syndrome. His constant leg-motion is very subtle - sometimes rattling a piece of paper - but it is slowly driving me out of my mind.
All in all they are pretty good guys though and if nothing else they sure help to make for some interesting days here and there. Besides, everyone has their own quirks - right? I'd hate to see their lists about me! :) Thanks for stopping in on my work week and meeting my cube-mates!

No comments: