Monday, April 13, 2009

Post Easter Blog

Okay, so this post comes a day late, but I don't have Internet at home anymore...... I honestly don't think that I can write an entire blog about Good Friday without writing another one about the significance of the Resurrection. They just go hand-in-hand. You can't have one without the other. If Jesus never died, He could never have been raised. And if He had never been raised, then we have no hope. If you put yourself in the place of the Disciples, can you imagine what they were feeling when Jesus was crucified? All their hopes were dashed. I'm sure they thought it was all over. There was nothing further to look forward to. Jesus was dead! But we know the rest of the story and we know that Jesus is no longer dead! The grave could not hold Him! His resurrection completes the other half of His story. If He died and was never raised, we would be like the Disciples with no hope. But, as my friend (and now roommate), Shannon, said in an e-mail, "We know that Sunday is coming!! The resurrection is coming! Our hope is not in Jesus’ death but in his resurrection. The power of the Holy Spirit that raised Christ from the dead is in those who believe in Christ. What hope we have! Sunday is coming!!!" She continues to say that no matter what we face, we know that "these difficulties are temporary just like Christ’s death." What a magnificent thing to grasp. We have hope and life through Jesus! Let the children sing a song of liberation. The God of our salvation set us free. Death, where is thy sting? The curse of sin is broken. The empty tomb stands open, come and see! He's alive, alive, alive. Hallelujah! Alive! Praise and glory to the Lamb. He's alive, alive, alive. Hallelujah! Alive forever, Amen! Let my heart sing out, for Christ, the One and only. So powerful and holy rescued me. Death won't hurt me now because He has redeemed me. No grave will ever keep me from my King! I'm alive, alive, alive, hallelujah! Alive! praise and glory to the Lamb. He's alive, alive, alive. Hallelujah! Alive forever, Amen! Worthy is the Lamb, worthy of our praise- Worthy is the One who has overcome the grave- Let the people dance, let the people sing- Worthy is the mighty King!!

1 comment:

Keeping the Mark of Grace said...

Is this my daughter? No she is the Lord's and I only was lent her by Him, Mom