Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Crafty Christmas

Wow. I can't believe it's been since Thanksgiving that I posted! But I have a good excuse. I spent pretty much all of December working on Christmas presents. I was bound and determined to make everyone in my immediate family something for Christmas this year. I still bought a few things for each person too, but I also wanted to give each one something that I spent time working on for them specifically. So, below are the pictures of each thing that I made for each person.
For My Dad, I put together two picture albums. One is of our trip to tour several ballparks (which I still want to add some photos to the blog about that trip!). The other was a flip album that he could take to work that has lots of recent pictures of the family in.
I put together two picture frames for my mom with tons of pictures of our family.
My brother, Brad, was one that got a "not-quite-finished-yet" Christmas present. I just started on his a little bit too late, but I still wanted to give it to him! I am making him a quilt out of his old HS and College (and little league too actually) baseball t-shirts.
I had previously made my sister-in-law, Nancy, some photo displays with the older two kids on them, but had never made one for the youngest yet. So Nancy got a couple displays with Nora and one with all three of the kiddos. I spray-mount the printed photos onto foam-core and then mount them onto a larger piece of foam-core.

My oldest niece, Goose, has many baby dolls, so I decided to make her some small baby-doll sized quilts. She ended up using them as rugs for her Barbie dolls too, which I thought was very imaginative!
My parents got my nephew, Tank, a CD player, so I made him several of his own CD's to play.
And last, but certainly not least, I made my youngest niece, Boo, a quilt. This was actually my very first quilt! I stitched "Love, Aunt Mel 2008" on it too (the picture is kinda blurry on that one).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet and thoughtful! I love them all!

Anonymous said...

you're so thoughtful and creative. i love it mel! and you! miss you dearly. we'll have to get together and you can teach me your crafting ways sometime.