Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Past Three Weeks

Well life sure seems to have a way of getting busy....it's been a while since I've made an entry. So, here's a little recap of the past three weeks of my life...
Sept. 14-19 - Hurricane Ike swept through KY (believe it or not!) and knocked out power to a big chunk of the city. So, I was without electricity for about 6 days. Luckily my neighbors are pretty nice and let me plug my fridge into their generator. Although I still couldn't cook anything because I have an electric oven. But I could keep water cold and stay thoroughly hydrated. :)
Sept. 20-21 - I went to visit my grandparents in Danville. My friend, Shannon, went with me. There was a festival at the Constitution Square in downtown Danville. It was so much fun! Each vendor that was selling at the festival had to have hand-crafted their products. So everything we bought that weekend was hand-made. Pretty cool huh? Shannon and I then went from Danville to Lexington for my company picnic. There were pony rides, a corn hole tournament, and BBQ....can't ask for more at a company picnic.
Here's a couple photos from Danville:
Me, Granny and Shannon enjoying the many vendors of the festival.

We ran into my former youth pastor and his wife (Kerry and Kathy) at the festival! Kerry is and will always be one of my favorite people. He was very influential in my life and taught me a lot about being humble, living a genuine Christian life, and how to play "No-Bones" (Among lots of other things!). Kerry just turned 50 - man he's OLD! :)
Sept. 22-26 - I seemed to have something going on every single night (which is the case in any given week of my life). So the week really flew by. On Thursday night though, I signed the papers to put my house on the market (instead of continuing with For Sale By Owner). So, my house is officially listed on the MLS! YAY!! I am believing God that He will sell my house at just the right time. I'm even sure He's already got a buyer picked out. On a side note to this, I had been praying for a several months that my neighbors would move their junker truck out of their side yard (it doesn't run and has weeds growing up alongside it). I didn't want to have to confront them about it, I just prayed that the Lord would move the truck for me! And He did!! The truck is gone and the "curb appeal" looks a lot better now.
Sept. 26-28 - I went to visit my brother's family in Murray. My niece, Boo, turned One, so we had a big celebration. I think she had a lot of fun tearing into her cake. :) My friend from church, Megan, rode down with me and we hung out with Jackie, who goes to college in Murray. We went to an MSU football game, ate twice my favorite Mexican restaurant ever, Los Portales, and went to the lake as well. We also went to my brother's church on Sunday and got to hear him preach again. Here's a few pictures from my Murray weekend:
Jackie, Megan and I at the Lake. We tried skipping rocks, but mostly ended up hurling them in instead.
The kiddos watch as Murray's football team runs onto the field while the band plays the Fight Song.
Boo tore her cakes to smithereens! She didn't eat much of it, but she liked playing in it. Sept. 28-Oct. 2 - I seem to have entered allergy season....it's official. I woke up Tuesday very dizzy, with my head feeling like it was in a glass jar. My ear was rather sensitive to sounds and I pretty much felt like dog-doody. I survived the day though and went home and slept until the next morning. I ended up taking half days off work on Weds. and Thurs. The doc said it was inner ear trouble and she couldn't do anything for it (so much for that $20 co-pay!). My head finally felt liked it was connected to the rest of my body by Thursday afternoon. Oct. 3 - I dropped down to 32 hours at work. Basically I just feel like there are some things that I want to make a priority in my life and they trump working! :) So, I am only doing 32 hours now and taking advantage of having a whole extra day off. I'm hoping to do a lot of studying and finding things out about the Bible and also just to do some volunteer work and help someone else out. Maybe they will see Jesus in me. Today I spent the entire day in my Bible. I've never personally studied God's Word that long in one day (outside of a conference or something). It was a very refreshing day and I hope to have more of them in the near future. Oct. 5 - Huber's Farm! My Sunday School class, er, Life Group went to Huber's for a good ole day of country fun. We took a hayride and picked pumpkins, ate a wonderfully delicious meal, and browsed the market.
Okay, now you're caught up on my life. But enough about me......how are you? :)

No comments: