Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June 2014 = Prep Time!

June 2, 2014:
Infant Care Class & More DIY

We took advantage of another class our hospital offered called "Little Fingers, Little Toes."  We thought that was too cute.  It was all about caring for Baby, how to bathe & change diapers, etc...  Brandon changed his first diaper ever.....on an inanimate baby doll! 
Here's a description of our class:
An infant care class for new parents!  This class is offered to new parents and adoptive parents interested in preventing unnecessary anxiety by practicing important skills before baby arrives. Learn safe methods of holding, comforting, diapering and bathing your newborn. Other topics include a discussion of infant cues, signs and symptoms of illness, and adjusting to life with your new addition. A pediatrician will be available during the last part of class to discuss newborn characteristics and answer your questions.  Please bring a baby doll or teddy bear that is large enough to diaper.

Here's our practice baby doll.  :-P



Another Nursery Project
Brandon's mom gave us a glider to use in Baby's room.  I decided to recover it so it matched the decor a little better.  Here's the before:

And the after:

June 7, 2014:
Drive-In!
Brandon and I figured we ought to do some fun things in these last few weeks of "just us two" before our lives would be consumed with a newborn.  So, the first of which was a date at the Drive-In.

I'm proud to say that this 36 week pregnant lady made it through both movies *awake* until 2AM! 


More Nursery DIY
My mom refinished Brandon's childhood dresser to be used in Baby's room.
Before:


After:

June 8, 2014:
I put together a Star Wars themed mobile for Baby



June 9, 2014:
Dville Trip
One last visit to Dville before Baby arrived to visit my Granny (& Grandpa).  Granny made yummy lunch (as usual) and we ate on the back patio.



Then I got a great haircut by my cousin, Olivia.


June 14, 2014:
Jamie's Wedding
My cousin and his high school sweetheart, Heather were wed on a  beautiful, sunny Saturday in Lville.


I was worried I wouldn't be able to travel the 1.5 hours to the wedding when I was newly pregnant and had found out my due date was a only couple weeks after the wedding.  But thankfully, at this point, there was no reason I couldn't attend.  I was really glad.  Jamie is like the little brother I never had.  This would be my last road trip before Baby though!

This would also be the last time Shannon and I got a belly picture together! 



On the way home from the wedding, Brandon humored me and got me take-out from one of my favorite restaurants in Lville -- Havana Rumba! Their empanadas sure made me happy and were scarfed down in about 10 seconds flat while we drove back to Lex.


June 15, 2014:
To-Be-Father's Day

I happened to find this little Reds shurt that matched a shirt Brandon already had! 



June 17, 2014:
Visitors from India & a finished Nursery

Our friends, Tyler & Arpitha and their kiddos, S & R (pictured right) were in for a visit from India.  We all gather at Mark & Anne's (with their little guy, T) to catch up.


It was also an exciting day because we finished the nursery!
Here's the final product:



Eeekk!!!  It's getting so real.  Like, there's gonna be a baby in that crib soon!!


June 21, 2014:
Brandon floored the attic for more storage space.  he's so handy!


June 23, 2014:
Finishing Baby's Quilt

With only a week and a half til my due date, I impressed even myself when I was able to sit on the floor to stretch Baby's quilt out and attached the backing!  After this I would machine quilt in together in a chevron pattern and it would be done!  Well....almost.  The last thing to do would be to hand stitch the trim down on the back, which actually didn't end up happening til waaaay after Baby was born!

But, I did at least put the quilt on the bed for a photo op.


June 25, 2014:
Panera Bread

Lunch with Anne & T!


June 27, 2014:
39 Week Belly Pic!

My Momma making my toes look nice....

....while my Dad checked out the back of his eye lids.


June 30, 2014:
Lex Legends Game

Another fun outing was to a local Single A Baseball game.  It was a hot one, but we had great seats and a great time!

I took several trips to the air conditioned gift shop to cool off....and got *lots* of pity looks as I waddled around.

My due date was now only 3 days away!

No comments: