Thursday, April 11, 2013

MKY & Oboro

February 21-24, 2013:

We took a few days off work to make a long weekend away for a much needed visit with family & friends.

Our first stop was MKY to visit my brother's family.

We must have played about 5 games of monopoly over the course of the 2 and a half days we were there.....but we loved every minute - playing anything with the kiddos and having good quality time together is what we were there for.

The Tank is very competitive....and Uncle Brandon isn't nearly as conceding as Pawpaw (my Dad~who let's The Tank win at *everything*).

Goose is more like me, she likes to play the game, but isn't too upset if she loses.

 The Chief was on my team and helped me by rolling the dice and holding onto my money.


That evening, we went to my absolute favorite Mexican restaurant, a place we refer to as Los (the full name is Los Portales).

The Guys Side:

The Girls Side:

 And The Chief's Side:

We just so happened to be in town on Los Portales' 17th anniversary of business!  They had a Mariachi band to celebrate!

Here's a video of the band (including a portion where The Tank dances with them)





The Tank *loved* my CamWow photo app and took a billion pictures with it, giggling at each one.....here's a few of the really funny ones:





Poor Miss Boo wasn't feeling well a good chunk of the time we were there, so she slept a lot....but when she was up and at it, she was the life of the party as usual.  ;)


Sweet Goose and I  - our digital tradition.


Goose was in a play while we were there - it was Opening Night!

It was a Peanuts play and she was one of the school kids.  She did such a great job!  She is getting so expressive and theatrical.


It seems there's always a birthday or anniversary to celebrate when we see my brother's family, this time was no different.  The Tank's birthday was a few weeks away, but we wouldn't get to see him then, so we brought his presents with us (The Reds shirt he's wearing, Reds pencils & other small goodies).

One picture of all the kids with Uncle Brandon and Aunt Mel before we headed out.



Our next stop was to Oboro to visit my best friend, Alisha, and her family.  Alisha had baby LN on Valentine's Day and I couldn't wait another day to meet him!

Doesn't he look like a natural?  ;)





I brought my "good camera" and we did a little photoshoot of LN.







Even though this picture is a tad blurry, I love it!

No comments: