Monday, April 9, 2012

Visit from the Outlaws....I mean In-Laws!

I'm trying to keep up with my blogging.....but I still seem to be a tad behind....

 At any rate, on Saturday March 31 (the day of the big Bluegrass Feud), Brandon ran in a half marathon.

The race started and finished at Keeneland Race Track.  Brandon's parents came in town and went with me to meet Brandon at the finish line (and seriously, can I just say that Keenelnad's grounds are bigger than you think and that we saw nearly every bit of it as traipsed around trying to find the "people race" and not the "horse race"!)

When we finally found it, we staked claim to a spot really close to the finish and began the lookout for Brandon - wearing all dark clothes and a white hat.

The race started at about 8:00am and around 9:49, The Hubs appeared - see that cute bearded man behind that blurry guy in the red shirt?

Beverley (B's mom) had walked down a ways from me and his dad to try to see him and signal to us that he was coming - he's waving at her here.....

....and then I think looking rather confused as he tried to find me and Jimmy (his Dad), especially since I was behind the camera.  But I put it down in time for him to pass and cheer him on.





After the race, we came back to our place and grilled out (we had burgers, grilled corn, baked beans & chips).  It was yummy!  And I learned that burgers should be flattened out a tiny bit more to go on the grill.  They shrunk up smaller than the buns!

We weren't sure if we'd see Beverley again before her birthday, so we surprised her with a little sweet treat to celebrate.


I think she liked it...

...and we *know* this guy did!

Brandon's parents left with enough time to get back to C-ville before the big game, so that left Brandon and I without any referees in our "House Divided"

No comments: