Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Random Act of Kindness

Last year, my bff, Shannon, and I decided that instead of getting each other Christmas presents, that we would get dressed up all fancy-like and go to a fancy-schmancy restaurant (that we would never just go to on any regular day) and live like rich people for one night! Last year we went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
This year we continued the tradition and went to Volare, an Italian Restaurant (pronounced Voh-lar-ay).This year, however, we received an unexpected blessing!
After we had ordered our food, the waitress came over and told us that a gentleman and his wife that had been sitting at a nearby table had completely taken care of our meal - paid in full! But that's not it - the waitress said that the man told her to make sure we got dessert as well! What a blessing - total strangers - picking up our tab - just because. What generosity! (Because our meal wasn't that cheap. Heck, the dessert alone was $9 each!). -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's my soup - it was yummy and "flavorful" (just as the waitress described it).....I love the square bowl, turned opposite of the square plate.
Shannon had soup too. We also each had a Caesar Salad (with a real full-bodied anchovy on the side....where it stayed!) Then it was time for the main course. I had Ravioli and Shannon had Veal Shank. The best part of the meal (for me at least) was the dessert. It's no surprise to anyone that knows me that I have a major sweet tooth - I come by it honest as there is a long line of them in my family. Here's my dessert - a Molten Chocolate Cake with Hot Fudge Syrup, Vanilla Ice Cream, Fresh Fruit and this oh-so-cute presentation! I love the hearts! I definitely admired this work of art before I took my first bite. Shannon got a Heath Bar Cheesecake - standing on it's end! (It was yummy too - she let me taste.)
Right before digging into the decadent desserts.....
After we got home, we decided to take a few photos in front of the Christmas Tree - here's our "Sassy Picture".....just for fun!
And the "non-sassy" pic

The couple that paid for our meal was already gone before we even found out that they had paid for us, but today I say thank you to them, wherever they are. May I be so kind as to bless someone else the same way and want absolutely no recognition for it. What a humble and generous thing to do to make two girls feel really special and very blessed.

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Do you know that is where I used to work?! ha ha ha!! I made and plated the desserts there. HILLARIOUS! The family also owns the exact same restaurant in Chicago. I can't believe that story though!! How amazing is it that someone could be so generous! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TWO!

Mel said...

Girl I should have known you worked there since you worked just about EVERYWHERE when you lived here! hahaha!

I know - isn't it such a crazy nice thing to do? :)

Merry Christmas to You, Scott and Cupcake too!!