Monday, September 8, 2008

Disappointed...but not Discouraged

I had an Open House yesterday in hopes that the perfect person would stop in and see my little house and decide it was exactly what they wanted. Well....that didn't happen. As a matter of fact, not one single person came to the Open House. I know, bummer - I had made my famous cookies and everything! (Although my mom and grandma came over for a bit and enjoyed them) But I refuse to be discouraged by this because I know that my God is bigger than my circumstances and that my house will sell in His timing and not mine. Because rarely is my time table on the same schedule as His. So instead, I'll just keep relying on Him, keep saying that I know He knows best and that He will provide when the time is right. For all I know He could be preparing something for me that is just not quite ready yet. Or there could be something He wants me to follow Him into, but it's just not time yet. Or he could be sparing me from an awful buyer that would try to con me or something! :) Or He could be using this to teach me something greater. The Lord is always working behind the scenes so I will not be discouraged by this. He has lead me this far into the selling process and I know that He will continue. Part of following Him is doing it even when I don't know what the outcome is. And I do get frustrated at times with this....because I just want to say "okay, God - enough!" But then I remember how closely He draws me near when I blindly follow and really trust Him to come through. And I do want to really trust Him. So I have to show Him that I do through saying again...."It is Well." No matter when I get frustrated or impatient or am ready for things to be different....He knows where I am and where I need to go and so I say...It is Well....no matter what.

No comments: